Depending on the error triggering factors, different errors may appear when you run QuickBooks updates, whether to gain new features or to execute payroll. QuickBooks problem 12157 is one of the many update errors you could experience, and it’s usually caused by poor internet connection settings and Windows Firewall troubles. There isn’t a single solution for update issues, and you may need to try a few different troubleshooting methods to find a solution. Here’s a fast four-minute rundown of what QuickBooks Error 12157 is, the most common reasons, and a detailed troubleshooting procedure to help you get through the headaches of troubleshooting.
“If you’re having trouble with QuickBooks Update Error 12157, dial +1-844-947-4350 for immediate assistance.”
QuickBooks Update Error 12157: A Simple Explanation
Any application that needs to be updated must first download the update file from the internet; failing to do so will result in errors and the update will be terminated. This is true not only for accounting software like QuickBooks, but also for all other Windows programs. There could be a number of reasons why your computer is having trouble connecting to the internet. The QuickBooks update error 12157 is part of the 12XXX series of issues. Other variations of the 12XXX series of issues that you could see while updating QuickBooks Desktop are shown below.
QuickBooks Issue 12031 – This error occurs when you try to update QuickBooks Desktop due to a misconfigured internet connection.
QuickBooks Problem 12002 – This is a typical payroll update error that occurs when a firewall prevents QuickBooks from connecting to the internet.
What Causes Error 12157 in QuickBooks Desktop?
Let’s take a quick look at the causes of error 12157 while updating QuickBooks Desktop before getting into the technical troubleshooting. Knowing the causes can assist you in deciding on the best course of action.
- The date and time on the Windows clock are incorrect.
- Your internet connection isn’t up to snuff.
- QuickBooks’ internet connection is being block by Windows Firewall.
- On Windows, multiple copies of the same QuickBooks Desktop edition are install.
- The capacity of internet bandwidth is being deplete by third-party download manager software.
Read Also: How To Solve QuickBooks Error 12152?
Fixing QuickBooks Error 12157 in Simple Steps
- First, correct the date and time in the system clock.
- In the bottom right corner of your computer screen, click the clock in the system tray.
- Change the date and time settings…
- You can also look for the date and time settings in the Control Panel by searching for Date and Time.
- Change the date and time by clicking Change date and time and entering the right information.
- Now select the relevant time zone by clicking Change time zone.
- After that, click OK and then Apply.
- Re-update QuickBooks and payroll if necessary. If the QuickBooks problem 12157 persists, proceed to the next troubleshooting step.
IMPORTANT: Download managers, such as Internet Download Manager (IDM), absorb the majority of your internet bandwidth, making it impossible for other programs to obtain data from the internet. While updating QuickBooks, be sure no apps, such as download manager, are operating in the background.
2.Troubleshoot Common Internet Connection Issues
- Follow the article 12 Tips to Troubleshoot your Internet Connection for full information on troubleshooting common internet connection issues.
IMPORTANT: Make sure you don’t have multiple versions of QuickBooks Desktop installed on your computer, as this is one of the most common causes of QuickBooks update issues.
- Add QuickBooks and its Additional Processes to the Firewall’s Exceptions list.
To enable port 80 and 443 in Windows Firewall, follow the instructions in the article Windows Firewall Instructions and make sure the following files are add to the exemption list
NOTE: If you’re using a firewall other than Windows, contact the product vendor or Support for assistance and specific information on how to install QuickBooks as a firewall exception.
Hopefully, using the information in this article to troubleshoot QuickBooks issue 12157, you will be able to resolve it quickly. We appreciate that troubleshooting may be a difficult for certain people because it is a time-consuming process that demands a lot of patience. If you need help fixing the update issue 12157 or simply want to speak with a professional, call Desktop Helpline Number +1-844-947-4350 for more information.